Thursday, October 25, 2012

Now to wait...

Okay, maybe not so much waiting, as I'll be working on losing weight.  It just feels like I've lost some of my excitement about this surgery.  Maybe it's because it's now going to be a sleeve gastrectomy rather than the gastric bypass?!?  Maybe it's because I was so frustrated after trying to make ALL of my needed appointments in one day?!?  I think it's a bit of both.  I was really counting on having the gastric bypass (roux-en-y).  It just seems like there is more weight loss with it, even though they say the weight loss is comparable with the sleeve.  The nurse did say I just have to take advantage of the 12 - 18 month window of opportunity of weight loss because after that it's just dieting, basically.  I know no matter what surgery that I have, it will not be an easy journey!  I will have to work my way through it!  I don't know.

Then, it took forever for me to be able to schedule my upper GI and my sleep study, because the orders weren't done.  So, I had to wait for the surgeon to get done with a surgery, for them to find out where my chart was and submit the orders.  Finally got that done and it took forever to get a hold of the sleep study lab.  Ugh!  The doctor thinks I have sleep apnea, because I scored an 11 on some form they gave us.  Anything above a ten, results in an automatic sleep study.  But the sleep lab had it marked down for CPAP, as if I had one or needed one.  I sure hope I don't, but if I do I hope I get it soon, because I have to use it for thirty days before I can have my surgery.  My sleep study is November 10th, so at least it's sooner than later!  *sigh*

At least all of my appointments are scheduled.  I even scheduled a fourth month with my PCP for my medically supervised weight loss, just in case!  I sure hope that I can cancel that appointment, though!  ;-)