Tuesday, November 12, 2013

No customized knee brace for me.

First off, I am down to 247#.  I'm kinda in a stall with my weight loss, though.  My weight has been jumping up and down for about two weeks now.

I called about the brace, just to find out how much it would cost me.  $800 for just the trial brace and it's an immobilzer!?!  There's a chance that Medicare would pay for it, but I'd still have to pay $200 for something I would never wear?!?  NO!  I wouldn't be able to use my recumbant bicycle with it!  I need something that will keep my kneecap stable so I can ride it, not something that's going to make me bedbound again!  Oh well, I found something cheaper that might work.  It's a patella brace but it'll allow me to move.  

Nothing much else going on.  Things are pretty calm around here.  Having a hard time adjusting to day shift, though.  Usually, I am asleep at this time, but for some reason I stayed up.  The past two days I have slept all through the night, though.

I see my surgeon's assistant on Friday afternoon.  We'll see how that goes.  Thanks, everyone, for all of your support.